Our next round of nose work classes will begin Wednesday, November 6th and run for 6 weeks each. All classes will take place indoors and downstairs at the Summerland Drop-In Centre (formerly the Seniors' Drop-In Centre) 9710 Brown Street. The cost per set (6 classes, one hour each) is $120 for SODAA members and $140 for non-members.
We are offering coached intermediate practice sessions (for dogs with some nose work training) from 6pm-7pm: forms.gle/7XweJNDDxHSeqn1G6
And beginner classes (for dogs with no nose work training) from 7:20pm-8:20pm: forms.gle/Kdbpki4v8gNaXwVVA
Please see the links above for a little more description about each level. Limited space in each set. Please give me until Sunday to confirm your registration - I will try to do so sooner but might not be able to. Registration via the Google forms are time stamped and we've turned on "email receipts" so you should receive a copy of your registration in real-time so you know it went through properly (note that this doesn't necessarily confirm your spot in the class, but it does show you that the form went through).
You will be asked to sign a waiver at the first class. Dogs must be crated or in your car between turns. You must pick up after your dog. No dog-to-dog contact on the premises. ...
2 months ago
LAST CALL for Canine Good Neighbour Evaluation entries! September 18th, 6:30pm in Summerland. Dogs do not have to be registered with the CKC. All breeds/mixed breed dogs welcome.
Register here: docs.google.com/forms/d/18FVFjA4vNiUBoM_TP3y0w_8ezSjW495SmDFXTMDUvrY/edit ...
SODAA is pleased to be offering another CKC Canine Good Neighbour Evaluation on Wednesday, September 18th, at 6:30pm at the Summerland Drop-In Centre (9710 Brown St.). $35/dog registration fee.
Register here: forms.gle/WK3udTzGWn9BbTiy7
Pay by e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of registering. If you must pay by cheque, please let us know that is how you will pay.
Evaluator: Will be confirmed closer to date, but likely Kathy McKenzie.
All breeds/mixed breeds welcome. Dogs do NOT need to be registered with the Canadian Kennel Club to participate. Registered dogs will earn their CGN suffix title by passing the evaluation. LIMITED ENTRY. Entries are open.
*After registering, please ALSO PRINT AND COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING FORM AND BRING IT WITH YOU ON Sept 18 to help us speed things up: sodogactivities.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/CKCFormCGNEval.pdf *
To read more about the 12 elements of the evaluation, visit: www.ckc.ca/en/Files/Raising-My-Dog-Section/Responsible-Ownership/CGN-12-Steps.aspx ...
4 months ago
SODAA and some of our local friends put on agility demos (fun races) for the Penticton Scottish Festival today. The weather held for both our time slots and we had quite the crowd cheering on the dogs.
Thank you to the organizers for having us there, our volunteers (special mention to Kathy and Claudia), and everyone who came out to entertain the crowd! Several of the dogs are new to agility and it was very brave of them to perform in front of an audience - and they all did a wonderful job!
Although we do not offer agility classes as a club, this was a great opportunity to engage the community and let them know about the many different things they can do with their dogs. ...
1. C-WAGS Scent League Nights (mini-trials):
• Premium now available: sodogactivities.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/C-WAGSLeagueNights.pdf
• Enter any or all of: Thursdays, June 20, July 4, and July 18th. 6:00pm start time. 2 x Level 2 & 2 x Level 3 will be offered each night in Summerland. Dogs must be registered with C-WAGS to compete. Dogs can begin in level 2 for C-WAGS but must have earned either their level 1 or level 2 title to enter level 3.
• LIMITED ENTRY. Entries open on Sunday.
2. CKC Canine Good Neighbour Evaluation:
• Wednesday, July 24th @ 6:30pm. Held outdoors in a public park in Penticton. $35/dog registration fee. All breeds/mixed breeds welcome. Dogs do NOT need to be registered with the CKC to participate.
• Information and online entry here: forms.gle/HZBvTNsnFSWG7xVN9
• Registration open now. Limited entries.
PAYMENT MUST BE BY CHEQUE or E-TRANSFER for all events. Please take a moment to ENSURE YOUR E-TRANSFER PASSWORD IS: SODAA
Cheques made out to South Okanagan Dog Activities Association. ...
SAVE THE DATES!
• C-WAGS Scent Trial League Nights (mini-trials): June 20, July 4, and July 18th in Summerland. Levels 2 & 3 each night - pending C-WAGS approval.
• Canadian Kennel Club Canine Good Neighbour (CGN) Evaluation: July 24 in Penticton - registration coming soon! Dogs do not need to be registered with the CKC to participate. All breeds/mixed breed dogs are welcome. ...