SODAA membership includes perks such as entry priority in classes and trials, reduced price seminar fees, and dog-focused social and/or training activities. In return, members pay a nominal annual fee to contribute to costs such as club insurance, equipment, hiring of instructors, etc. Volunteering at events, based on your interest and availability, is also expected. Activities will always be member-driven.
You do not need to live in the South Okanagan to be a member, support the club, and participate in activities.
Steps for Membership
Expectations of Members
Membership can be revoked if the following expectations are not met (at the discretion of the Board of Directors). Members are expected to:
- Read and follow all SODAA bylaws, ethics, and constitution
- Serve as examples of humane and responsible dog ownership in their community, including but not limited to: ensuring your dog is not a danger to the community and providing a high standard of care
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and be welcoming of new members and activity participants
- Volunteer on a regular basis to ensure dog activities can be offered in the South Okanagan
- Not misrepresent nor malign the conformation, weight, characteristics, or performance of another person’s dog, nor malign any person
- Bring any concerns regarding safety, humane dog care, or other issues applicable to SODAA membership and activities to the attention of the Board of Directors as soon as possible.