Membership in this club includes perks such as entry priority in SODAA classes and trials, reduced price seminar fees, and dog-focused social and/or training activities. In return, members pay a nominal annual fee to contribute to costs such as club insurance, equipment, hiring of instructors, etc. Volunteering at events, based on your interest and availability, is also expected. Activities will always be member-driven.
You do not need to live in the South Okanagan to be a member, support the club, and participate in activities.
Click here to download the membership form for 2019.
Please email your completed form to email@example.com. The membership form is a fillable .pdf or you can print and scan it.
Membership applications are reviewed and assessed at the soonest meeting of the Board of Directors and you will be notified of the Board’s decision within 48 hours of the meeting. Upon acceptance into the club, you can send your fee as an e-transfer or cheque to the address that will be supplied to you.
Expectations of Members
Membership entails the following and can be revoked if the following expectations are not met. Members are expected to:
- Read and follow all SODAA bylaws, ethics, and constitution
- Serve as examples of humane and responsible dog ownership in their community, including but not limited to: ensuring your dog is not a danger to the community and providing a high standard of care
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and be welcoming of new members and activity participants
- Volunteer on a regular basis to ensure dog activities can be offered in the South Okanagan
- Not misrepresent nor malign the conformation, weight, characteristics, or performance of another person’s dog, nor malign any person
- Bring any concerns regarding safety, humane dog care, or other issues applicable to SODAA membership and activities to the attention of the Board of Directors as soon as possible